The questions below are Likely questions set by our JAMB OFFICIALS,likely to come out in JAMB 2018. I advice to read painstakingly, and make sure you study the questions very well, as they might be asked in Jamb examination.Answers are indicated by this sign (√)Lets get going///////////////////////////
1. “An old man should be contemplating his mortality than dreaming of women” – this statement was stated by who?
b) Mr. Richardson
√c) Mr. Ajayi
2. Which day of the week did Tayo leave Nigeria for Oxford in 1963?
3. How many people were in the carwhen Tayo was being taken to Uncle Kayode’s place?
4. The names of Tayo’s cousin in England were
a)Modupe and Tunde
b) Tunde and Yusuf
c) Bolaji and Ike
√d) Tunde and Jumoke
5. In 1963, Uncle Kayode returned from abroad as
√a) a senior army officer
b) an engineer
c) a wealthy politician
d) a Professor of English Language
6. ‘You’re off to be a Baliol man’ – who stated this?
a) Tyo’s father
b) Uncle Kayode
√d) Headmaster Faircliff
7. For what purpose is Tayo travelling to England?Ans: To take up a scholarship at Balliol College, Oxford
8. What is the name of Tayo’s schoolin England?Ans: Balliol College
9. What is the significance of Tayo’s visit to relatives before embarking on his journey to England?Ans: It is their tradition
10. Through what means of transportation does Tayo travel to England?Ans: Water
11. Why is Tayo surprised that people do not greet each other in passing in England?Ans: Because in Nigeria, so much value is attached to greetings
12. In what subject did Bisi receive the highest honours?Ans: Geography
13. In the Ajayi motto, all things are expected to be done with moderation except what?Ans: Study
14. Who is Mr Barker?Ans: He His headmaster and Mr Faircliffe’s old colleague
15. What reminds Tayo of his mother in the Barkers’ house?Ans: Isabella cooks wonderful mealsin a way that reminds Tayo of his mother
16. Christine was in her third year ofstudy when?Ans: Tayo met her for the first Time
17. What is Vanessa Richardson’s nationality?Ans; English
18. What is the name of the friend that Vanessa wrote a letter to, concerning the status of women?Ans: Jane
19. The full meaning of JACARI is?Ans: Joint Action Committee Against Racial Inequality
20. What are Christine’s reasons for putting an end to her relationship with Tayo?Ans: Because she was called ‘clingy’ and the fear of her boy being snatched by some woman.
21. The language of fun among Tayo’s Nigerian friends is ?Ans: Pidgin
22. What are the things that made Tayo remember home each time heis at Christine’s place?Ans: Her cooking which reminds himof mama and the juju and highlife music she plays
23. What is the trait that Nessa cherises in Tayo and that is absencein Charlie and Mehul?Ans: Humility
24. In Tayo’s opinion, what are the root causes of oil corruption and a broken civil service in Nigeria?Ans: Greed and mismanagement
25. In what university was Tayo offered a job?Ans: Birmingham University
25. Who is Miriam?Answer: Tayo’s wife
26. Whose diary did Tayo discover in his study?(No answer)
27. Why is Miriam loved by Tayo’s family?Ans: She nursed Tayo’s father with care when he had stroke
28. Whose house is described as ‘Beauty in the Heart of Darkness’?Ans: Uncle Kayode’s house
28. What is the name of the local artiste that took Tayo to the village?Ans: Akin
29. What led to the closure of universities?Ans: University students protest
30. For what reason is Tayo Opposed to leaving the country?Ans: He Wanted to wait and help hisstudents
31. In order of occurrence, what arethe challenges Tayo faced that made him reconsider leaving Nigeria?Ans: The broken pipe, his house boy’s leave of him, his disappointment in the Foundationand threats to his life.
32. What was his purpose of planning to travel to New York, eventhough he eventually could not?Ans: To receive an award for his book
33. Why did Simon arrange a meeting for Tayo and whom did he hold it with?Ans: To help in the possible funding of Tayo’s university
34. What was the outcome of the meeting?Ans: Disappointment
35. Who challenged Tayo on the road on his way home?Ans: The soldiers
36. What reason did the soldiers give for bringing Tayo home?Ans: They said Tayo had an accidentwhile driving recklessly
37. What circumstance led to the death of Nessa’s mother?Ans: Cancer
38. What killed Tayo’s father?Ans: Stroke
39. By what means did Tayo’s mother die?Ans: An accident
40. How many years of marriage did Nessa and Edward celebrate at their wedding anniversary?Ans: 18 years
BEST OF LUCK!!!